STL Science Center

STL Science Center

15 March 2012

The Unfortunate Appearance

Cearadactylus does make an entrance in the novel Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton, as previously noted. The only other major venue under which Cearadactylus has headlined is, I am sorry to say, one of the later Land Before Time installments. While these probably do entertain children they have become a veritable source of mockery over the years with the original remaining one of the only installments anyone admits to owning. I own the original and I know it backwards as well as forward, but I never have nor will own any that came after and have not been able to sit through an entire installment. That is not to say that there are not those who love and value it, but they certainly are not me. Where Cearadactylus appears in the series is as a villain named Sierra in The Land Before Time VII. As yet it does not appear on Dinosaur Train, Dinosaur King, or Dino Dan; the three current dinosaur/paleo related children's shows on television. Should they continue long enough on the air, I am sure that Cearadactylus will eventually put in an appearance on at least one of these shows. There is also the animatronic Polish Dinosaur Park that I think I nodded towards also:

No comments:

Post a Comment