STL Science Center

STL Science Center

26 October 2016

First Day of SVP

Welcome to SVP if you are here, and it is okay if you are not, I have some interesting observations from the day so far. Most of the sessions I sat in were bird related today. There was a lot of discussion of bird evolution, recreation of skulls digitally, and mapping of shape changes of the ear. Particulars about these talks can be found under #2016svp on Twitter; I think that my recounting exact talk details is a little hypocritical as I advocate for an opt-in rather than an opt-out system AND this has already been done, so why waste the time, honestly? However, I can say that there is no shortage of dinosaur casts represented here and the museum reception will be glorious. At the end of the week I will post all of the photos (yes, even the awful ones) that I take this week. I am sure tonite will have a glorious showing. I wish I had a real camera with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment